The Audio Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary provides definitions for 170,000 words, phrases and examples and is compiled to offer what students need most in a dictionary. The Third Edition offers new, up-to-date vocabulary, 'mini-collocation' boxes, and frequency information to highlight the most important words to learn.
There are also over 79,800 high-quality English audio recordings with UK and US English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Cambridge University Press, alongside newly added illustrations and photos of word definitions. You'll find updated definitions of new terms, including over 90,000 examples in the word definitions show you how to use words both fluently and naturally.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of words while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more using the included special language notes.
- See words in context with example sentences.
- 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.