Whether you're just starting out learning French or want to extend your knowledge of the language, the Collins French Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate. The dictionary has over 80,000 references, contemporary vocabulary, cultural equivalents, and notes on dialect.
You'll find comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of words and phrases, along with French updated to the new spelling reform. There's in-depth treatment of difficult words, along with cultural notes that provide insight into the life in French-speaking countries, both in France and abroad.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of words while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more using the included special language notes.
- See words in context with example sentences.
- 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
What's NewVersion 4.3.136:
- Bug fixing