Whether you're just starting to learn Spanish or want to extend your knowledge of the language, the Collins Spanish Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate. It contains over 80,000 words, phrases and translations, including references of contemporary language in the realm of current affairs, business, computing and tourism.
You'll find comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of all words and phrases you need, with Spanish updated to the new spelling reform. There's also an in-depth treatment of difficult words alongside cultural notes that provide insight into the life in Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America, Europe, and globally.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of words while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more using the included special language notes.
- See words in context with example sentences.
- 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.