Not Your Operating System?
Our Top ProductOfficeSuite Professional
- Audio Dictionaries
- Other Languages
- Dictionary Bundles
- PONS Dictionaries
- Oxford Dictionaries
- Cambridge Dictionaries
- Collins Dictionaries
- VOX Dictionaries
- Catalan Dictionaries
- Health & Lifestyle
- Travel Guides
Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary
The First and Last Word in Dictionaries
|The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond. Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as "analyze," "derive," and "subsequent." The dictionary also provides full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind.|
- Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
- Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.
- Word Family and Word Choices boxes help students expand their vocabulary and choose the right word.
- Reference Pages provide useful information about geography, science, math, literature, and more.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
- A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
- Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
- Discover more about language with the ‘Word of the day’ feature
- Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words
© 2013 Mobile Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved