Symbian S60 5th Edition
Not Your Operating System?
Our Top ProductOfficeSuite Professional
Collins Essential Dictionary
Collins Essential English Dictionary
|The Collins Essential English Dictionary is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language. Not only is the dictionary comprehensive and authoritative with its 123,000 headwords and 200,000 definitions, but it also offers outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English. Including a much wider range of words than ever before, the extensive coverage of geographical, scientific, and technical entries has been updated by the Collins team of leading academic experts.|
The Foremost Authority on the Language of TodayFully-revised language notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of word histories trace the roots of modern English. All this has been complemented with a refreshingly clutter-free design, which is easy to use and easy on the eye, taking you straight to the information you need with the minimum of fuss.
- Have confidence
Discover all the latest words as they appear in the language.
- Get it right
You can rely on Collins; all our definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes are based on the Collins Word Web - our unrivalled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
- Get there fast
Accessible layout that's easy on the eye, guiding you quickly to what you want.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Collins Essential English Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
- Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
- Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
- Dynamic changing of font sizes
- History lists of visited words
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Fullscreen support
- Page scrolling mode added
- Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
- Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
- Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
|Full Version Price:||$9.99|
|Platform:||Symbian S60 5th Edition|
|Download Type:||7-day trial|
© 2014 Mobile Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved