The first book of its kind when it was originally published in 1980, Burton's Legal Thesaurus has become a staple for the legal profession. Addressing the newest concepts before the nation's highest courts, the fifth edition celebrates 35 years of this one-of-a-kind law reference tool with over 1,000 new terms.
With 11,000 critical legal terms, synonyms, definitions, and parts of speech, Burton's is essential for legal partners, associates, attorneys, and judges, as well as law school students and even journalists and scholars.
William C. Burton, Esq., is an attorney and partner in the law firm of Sagat|Burton LLP. He is a former New York State Assistant Attorney General and a former New York State Assistant Special Prosecutor. He is also founder of the Burton Awards for Legal Achievement. The first edition of his Legal Thesaurus was named one of the "Most Creative and Innovative Projects of the Year" by the Association of American Publishers. Burton has been awarded the Blackstone Award by the Friends of the Law Library of Congress for "embodying and promoting the best ideals of the institution."
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
What's NewVersion 4.3.136:
- Bug fixing