The comprehensive and authoritative Collins German Dictionary is ideal for advanced students and professionals studying German. The eighth edition draws on Collins' unique multi-million word databases of contemporary language to ensure the user has the most complete and accurate picture of real German used today.
It features the latest vocabulary from a wide range of fields, including the Internet, computing and business. There are also special entries on life and culture in German-speaking countries. To assist in locating the correct translation, long and complex entries are treated in depth and key phrases and set grammatical patterns are highlighted. New to this edition is a Business & Finance supplement, ideal for those who need to use German for work, as well as a 'Language in Use' guide to written and oral communication in German.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of words while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more using the included special language notes.
- See words in context with example sentences.
- 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
What's NewVersion 4.3.136:
- Bug fixing