Compiled by expert teams of Spanish and English lexicographers, the Concise Oxford Spanish Dictionary contains over 175,000 words and phrases alongside 240,000 translations.
The dictionary provides remarkable coverage of the general, scientific, literary, and technical vocabulary of contemporary Spanish and English linguistics. The easy-to-use and clear layout also provides extensive help with tricky issues of grammar and word usage, as well as fun and informative cultural notes on life and living in the Spanish-speaking world.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of words while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more using the included special language notes.
- See words in context with example sentences.
- 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
What's NewVersion 4.3.136:
- Bug fixing