A must-have reference with thousands of acronyms and abbreviations from all medical specialties, Dorland`s Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbriviations lets you easily decode both common and rare medical terminology.
It features an alphabetical arrangement to find any abbreviation, as well as a special section with extensive coverage of symbols of all kinds. Abbreviations on the JCAHO "Do not use" list are clearly identified while the dictionary is ideal for medical transcriptionists, students, and health professionals at all stages of their careers.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
What's NewVersion 4.3.137:
Based on Dorland’s Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations 7th edition
New to This Edition
- More than 90,000 entries and definitions.
- Many new and updated entries including terminology in expanding specialties, such as Nursing; Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies; Transcription and Coding; Computer and Technical Fields.
- New section on abbreviations to avoid, including Joint Commission abbreviations that are not to be used.
- Incorporates updates suggested by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP).