The Natural Standard Herb & Supplement Guide: An Evidence-Based Reference provides high-quality, up-to-date, and unbiased information on over 400 herbs and supplements. Perfect for advising patients, each monograph is concise and includes usage, dosage information, safety considerations, and interactions with drugs and other herbs and supplements.
At-a-glance research summaries and alphabetical organization allow for quick lookup, while a unique, evidence-based A-F grading scale evaluates the efficacy of each herb and supplement to provide accurate information for effective clinical decision-making. Updates are peer-reviewed, and include new scientific evidence, dosage recommendations, coverage of allergies, side effects/warnings, and pregnancy/breast-feeding indications to promote safety when specific herbs and supplements should not be used, or when caution is required.
A review of evidence includes detailed explanations of clinical trials cited and conclusions drawn, especially as they relate to specific diseases and conditions. Cross-referencing by condition and scientific evidence grade provides a convenient decision support tool, making it easy to find the herbs and supplements that may be used for the treatment of particular conditions.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
What's NewVersion 4.3.136:
- Bug fixing