DescriptionThe Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics provides jargon-free definitions for over 3,000 of even the most technical mathematical terms.
This dictionary covers all commonly encountered terms and concepts from pure and applied mathematics and statistics, such as linear algebra, optimization, nonlinear equations, and differential equations. In addition, there are entries on major mathematicians and topics of more general interest, such as fractals, game theory, and chaos. You'll find graphs, diagrams, and charts to render definitions as comprehensible as possible, while entries are clear and accessible and offer an ideal introduction to the subject.
Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics is completed with lists of Nobel Prize winners and Fields' medalists, Greek letters, formulae, and tables of inequalities, moments of inertia, Roman numerals, and more. Fully featured with curriculum and degree requirements, it provides indispensable information for students and teachers of mathematics, and for anyone encountering mathematics in the workplace. "The depth of information provided is admirable" - New Scientist
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Voice search function
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics:
- Feature-complete license for unlimited time
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – our support team will help you
What's NewVersion 5.1.068
- Completely redesigned user interface and experience
- Ability to share word definitions
- ‘Word of the Day’ feature
- New camera search function
- Performance improvements