The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating provides comprehensive information on boat maintenance, navigation, handling in all kinds of weather, the physics of how boats function, and other topics every sailor and powerboater needs to know. Its 500 entries address virtually every aspect of powerboating and sailing.
Inside you'll find information on seamanship and boat handling, navigation, routine boat maintenance, boat design and building, and nautical reference data. Entries range from vital techniques such as recovering overboard crew and measuring distances off, to essential concepts like reading the water and sky and evaluating a boats seaworthiness. Features numerous cross-references and an exhaustive index to direct you quickly to the right entry and to unify related topics.
“You name it, it’s in here. Covers every boating situation. This book is both informative and entertaining.”--Latitudes & Attitudes
"John Vigor is the answer guy if youre having onboard arguments about nautical terminology or the science of sailing in general, and his new book lives up to the promise in its title."--Good Old Boat
NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Voice search function
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
- Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version:
- Feature-complete license for unlimited time
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues