The Collins Cobuild Intermediate Dictionary is the perfect language tool for English language learners. The information in this dictionary has been carefully chosen you can succeed as a confident language user and will enable you to write and understand better English.
You will find all the words you need, defined clearly in full sentences completed with:
- 17,000 headwords
- 63,000 references
- 25,000 examples
- NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
The Collins Cobuild Intermediate Dictionary is based on a huge database of text, both written and spoken, called The Bank of English. The Bank of English® contains over 650 million words, and it is the basis of all the statements that Cobuild makes about the language. The entries contain a detailed account of the main uses and meanings of each word. Each of the forms is listed at the start of each entry, along with information about alternative spellings, if any exist. Explanations are written in full sentences, and show typical grammatical behavior. The explanations also give a clear description of meaning. And of course, the thousands of examples are taken directly from The Bank of English®, showing typical patterns of use and grammatical structure.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Voice search function
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
- Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Collins COBUILD Intermediate Dictionary:
- Feature-complete license for unlimited time
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues