The Collins English Dictionary Complete & Unabridged and the Collins Thesaurus of the English Language in a software bundle offering a complete language and reference solution for writing, for work, for study, because you want to express yourself well, or just for the love of words.
- Search over 500,000 English words, references and examples in this 30th anniversary edition of the Collins’ flagship dictionary.
- Let the Thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky language clues with over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms.
- NEW! Tap to Translate entries in other apps
- Latest vocabulary, based upon Collins’ 2.5 billion word database
- 6,000 biographical entries
- Key expressions and example sentences
- Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place
- Cultural notes on life and language
- Thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
- A clear design that makes this dictionary accessible and easy to use
- Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
- Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
- A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
- Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
- Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
- Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
- Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
- Extensive coverage of English as an international language
- 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic Fuzzy filter to correct word spelling, as well as Wild card ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Voice search function
• NEW! Tap to Translate entries in other apps
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the 'Favorites' option allows you to create custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries
• Recent list to easily review looked-up words
• Learn a new word every day with our ‘Word of the day’
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Feature-complete license for unlimited time
• Offline mode-look up words without an internet connection
• Premium support - Get expedited support for app-related issues