Collins Thesaurus of the English Language Complete & Unabridged - a complete reference solution for writing, work and study, fully updated to include all the latest new words.
- Over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms
- Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
- Opposites providing another way of expressions
- A wide range of Idioms and phrases
- Related words and cross-references
- Quotations to add wit, sparkle and originality
- Illustrative examples from real English
- Usage and regional labels
- Extensive coverage of English as an international language
- 550 Subject word lists
What's that word on the tip of your tongue? Want to avoid using tired or ugly words like 'nice' or 'get'? Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 provides hundreds of thousands of related and alternative words to boost your vocabulary. Stuck with your crossword? Let the thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky clues.
NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled.
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
- Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Collins Thesaurus of the English Language:
- Permanently unlock the complete features list
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues