As the premier illustrated architectural dictionary, the Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture features 8,000 definitions, 4,000 illustrations, and biographies of hundreds of architects accompanied by classic examples of their work.
Meticulously written, heavily cross-referenced, and filled with more than 3,000 new and updated definitions and 1,000 new photographs, this impressive visual resource is the best way to gain a full understanding of architectural elements and the new language of green and sustainable architecture. This new edition includes terms relating to ecological, and sustainable architecture including everything critically important to those in the field of architecture and design. You'll find information on architectural styles, details, building elements, forms, and building systems.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.