Thoroughly updated to allow you to grasp the meanings of all medical terms in current usage, Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary is the definitive resource to help you understand and correctly use all the latest terminology in today’s ever-evolving medical field.
This 32nd Edition lets you enhance your understanding of all the current medical terminology in your field with more than 120,000 well-defined entries, 1,500 illustrations, and 35,000 audio pronunciations. You'll find the very latest medical terms used today with more than 5,500 new entries drawn from current sources and 500 new illustrations.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.