The Collins Portuguese Dictionary offers extensive coverage of today's English and Portuguese with 51,000 words and 110,000 translations. The Dictionary is designed for intermediate level students of Portuguese, whether for school, at home, or for professionals. It is the ideal text for anyone who needs easy access to a comprehensive and user-friendly dictionary.
You'll find wide-ranging, practical coverage of current usage, including business and IT terminology, and a comprehensive selection of common abbreviations, acronyms and geographical names. You will also find irregular forms of Portuguese verbs and nouns with a cross-reference to the basic form where a translation is given.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
- Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
- Bug fixes
- Performance improvements