Completely updated to include the latest vocabulary, this fourth edition of the Concise Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary contains coverage of over 175,000 words and phrases alongside 270,000 translations.
Words added to this edition for both English and French are based on findings from Oxford's language research programs across varied spheres from the internet and technology to business and the environment. There are also numerous cultural notes on life and living in the French-speaking world throughout the text.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
- Completely redesigned interface for great user experience
- Camera search features let you look up new words faster
- General performance improvements to aid your productivity