The Sixth Edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry has over 4,700 entries, including over 200 new terms for this edition. It is the ideal reference resource for students of chemistry of all levels, covering all aspects of chemistry, from physical chemistry to biochemistry. It boasts broad coverage in subject areas such as forensics, metallurgy, materials science, and geology.
There are also biographical entries on key figures, highlighted entries on major topics such as polymers and crystal defects, and chronologies charting the main discoveries in atomic theory, biochemistry, explosives, and plastics. Thanks to its greater breadth of content, this latest edition of the Dictionary of Chemistry also appeals to students in related disciplines such as biology and medicine.
"A favorite. It should be in every classroom and library...the reader is drawn inevitably from one entry to the next merely to satisfy curiosity"--School Science Review
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
Effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
Engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
What's NewVersion 8.1.9:
- Completely redesigned user experience for quick navigation
- New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Fun ‘Word of the Day’ feature
- Performance improvements