McGraw-Hill's I.V. Drug Handbook lets you administer I.V. medications knowledgeably, safely and confidently. Featuring a strong focus on patient safety, administering and monitoring I.V. drugs, the Handbook delivers concise, practical guidance to help you carry out one of the most difficult medical tasks. Written by and for practicing nurses and pharmacists, the Handbook is reliable, comprehensive, and easy-to-use.
It features all-inclusive coverage of over 350 parenteral drugs with the latest warnings from the FDA, as well as antibiotics, insulin, pain medications, emergency drugs. There's also comprehensive and evidence-based guidelines on administering high-alert and hazardous drugs available anywhere, and each drug monograph includes administration guidelines, covering preparation, dilution & compatibility, infusion rates, admixtures, supportive therapies and monitoring.
Features a full-color patient safety appendix describing measures for ensuring safe drug administration, including distinctive icons to call your attention to "clinical alerts," "life-threatening reactions," "high-alert", "hazardous" drugs, and more.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
What's NewVersion 8.0.1
- Completely redesigned user experience for faster navigation
- New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
- Ability to share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Fun ‘Word of the Day’ feature
- Performance improvements