Mosby's Drug Reference for Health Professions, 3rd Edition lists details in short monographs for 1,000 generic drugs (including 4,500 trade-name drugs), and is a must-have for every current or aspiring health professional in the field today. Filled with the details on new chemotherapy, ophthalmic, and other pertinent drugs, this edition features concise, reliable information that is easy to navigate and simple to follow.
Precautions and considerations sections are written with health professionals in mind and include important information on storage and administration, highlighting those drugs that require special care in order to maintain potency. Monograph sections include: drug name, pronunciation, trade name(s), category and schedule, classification, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, availability, indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions (drug, herbal, and food), diagnostic test effects, side effects, serious reactions, and precautions and considerations. Useful appendices cover topics such as Error-Prone Drug Name Abbreviations with the Joint Commission's most up-to-date "Do Not Use" list, Normal Laboratory Values, English-to-Spanish Drug Phrase Translator, and more.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' and 'Flashcards' to help expand your knowledge.