The Oxford Chinese Dictionary is the most authoritative bilingual Chinese dictionary available, with over 300,000 words and phrases, 370,000 translations, and thousands of example phrases.
Its extensive supplemental material includes grammar notes, example letters and emails, and guidelines to telephoning and text messaging, perfect for students studying abroad, or those working in Chinese or English.
The dictionary is produced in association with the Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press (FLTRP) using the latest lexicographic methods to ensure accurate translations and useful information:
- Mandarin Chinese with simplified Chinese characters are used throughout
- Clear and accessible layout with lookup in Chinese organized by Pinyin
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace letters or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
- Offline mode - look up words without internet an connection
- Audio pronunciation - find out how to pronounce words with integrated speech
- Priority support - get expedited support for any app-related issues
- No ads - no more in-app ads
- Optimised for iOS 10!
- Bug fixes and performance improvements