Covering Western art from the ancient Greeks to the present day, the Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists is a wide-ranging reference work that contains over 2,500 clear and concise entries on styles and movements, materials and techniques, and museums and galleries. It also includes biographical entries for artists, critics, collectors, dealers, and patrons, with places and full dates of birth and death.
The latest edition features many entries enlivened by quotations from artists and critics, it is essential for students and teachers of art, design, art theory, and art history, as well as artists, visitors to art exhibitions and galleries, or anyone with an interest in art.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
Effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
Engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
What's NewVersion 8.1.9:
- Completely redesigned user experience for quick navigation
- New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Fun ‘Word of the Day’ feature
- Performance improvements