The Oxford Dictionary of Critical Theory covers a wide range of critical theory disciplines, including the Frankfurt school, cultural materialism, gender studies, literary theory, hermeneutics, historical materialism, and sociopolitical critical theory. Entries clearly explain even the most complex of theoretical discourses, such as Marxism, psychoanalysis, structuralism, deconstruction, and postmodernism.
Inside there are also biographies of important figures in the field, with feature entries for those who have heavily influenced areas of the discipline. Covering all aspects of the subject from globalization and race studies, to queer theory and feminism, this multidisciplinary A-Z dictionary is essential for students of literary and cultural studies and useful for anyone studying a humanity subject requiring a knowledge of theory.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
Effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
Engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
What's NewVersion 8.1.9:
- Completely redesigned user experience for quick navigation
- New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Fun ‘Word of the Day’ feature
- Performance improvements