Webster's New World ® College Dictionary and Roget's A-Z Thesaurus is a software bundle of the Webster’s New World ® College Dictionary and the Webster’s New World ® Roget’s Thesaurus. This package is the perfect reference to use at school, at the office, or at home!
WEBSTER'S NEW WORLD ® COLLEGE DICTIONARY
The 5th edition combines the most up-to-date information about our language and our world to present a completely revised, updated and expanded reference. Millions of users worldwide value this unique combination of features, found in no other dictionary:
- Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
- More than 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
- Over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
- 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
- 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics, and law
- Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
Webster's New World ® College Dictionary is the most useful and authoritative dictionary you can own. More than 4,700 entries and senses have been added, including terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, food, computers and the Internet, business, law and politics. Thousands of revisions have been made to existing senses to reflect current usage. About 12,000 Americanisms have been included to extensively cover the words, phrases, and senses first used in the United States.
This dictionary features advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible defining style.
Webster's New World ® College Dictionary, 5th edition is selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. It is a favorite of newsrooms and copy editors nationwide and it is the official dictionary of The Associated Press Stylebook.
WEBSTER’S NEW WORLD ® ROGET’S THESAURUS
This reference opens up the world of words and leads you to more precise and effective communication. Thousands of synonym entries include the broadest and most useful word comparisons and the greatest number of examples of any thesaurus, with more grammatical and usage information and a greater variety of related terms. Entries are arranged in alphabetical order, so synonyms are easy to find.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
- Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
What's NewVersion 7.4.1
- Revised and expanded database, based on Webster’s New World ® 2014
- Completely redesigned user experience for quick and easy navigation
- New camera search feature automatically looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Fun ‘Word of the Day’ feature
- Fixed issues to make the app more reliable