Collins English Dictionary - the most comprehensive, up-to-date and trustworthy English dictionary available.
- More than 722,000 words, meanings and phrases
- Reintroduces literary and rare words useful for crossword solvers and setters as well as Scrabble players
- Includes the latest new words and extensive coverage of scientific and technical vocabulary
- Over 8,500 place names and 5,500 biographies
- NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
With all the latest words to enter the English language as well as over 8,500 place names and 5,500 biographies you have thousands of fascinating facts and figures at your fingertips. Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English.
For more than a century, Collins’ editors have worked to create dictionaries that meet the needs of the world they define. They’re still doing so today, tracking language change around the world and vetting suggestions from the public on collinsdictionary.com, to ensure Collins English Dictionary is truly the home of living language.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled.
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
- Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version:
- Permanently unlock the complete features list
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues