The Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2012 provides everything nurses need to know about 1,000 common medications in a compact format. Specifically geared towards patient care, this instant-access guide provides registered nurses with essential, up-to-the-minute information on the selection and administration of commonly used medications.
Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, you'll find mechanisms of action, common usage and dosage, side effects, drug interactions, nursing implications, patient education, and expanded coverage of medical herbs.
"This very useful drug reference will easily fit in your lab coat pocket. The information is accurate and up to date. Due to size constraints, only the most frequently used medications are included in this book. This book retains its value by being revised yearly and maintaining a database of the most current information."--Doody's Review Service
Judith Barberio PhD, RN, APN, C, ANP, GNP, FNP, SNC is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Rutgers University School of Nursing. In addition to being the author of the annual Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide, she has conducted research on chronic illness, primary health care in urban settings, pharmacology and pain control, and health policy. She is also President of the Rutgers University School of Nursing Alumni Association.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.