Both comprehensive and easy to use, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation is an essential tool for writing at home, in the office, and at school.
- Over 250 grammar and punctuation rules clearly explained
- Uses examples of real English to clarify grammatical points taken from the Oxford English Corpus
- The supplementary section gives an overview of grammatical terms and the structure of English sentences
- Contains special longer entries on a wide range of subjects
- Includes terms specified in the school of National Strategies, making it suitable for homework as well as general use
- NEW! Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful new themes.
Giving examples of real-world usage, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation provides information about grammar and punctuation that people need on a day-to-day basis. Arranged alphabetically, this dictionary contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. Readers of all levels will find this guide essential.
In addition to explaining basic terms such as 'split infinitive', 'participle', and 'adverb', entries also discuss whether to use 'may' or 'might', 'that' or 'which', and 'it's' or 'its'. The Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation gives the reader quick and easy access to the answers to these, and many other, questions of grammar completed with clear and coherent explanations, and illustrations across a broad range of topics.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled.
- NEW! Tap to Translate entries in other apps.
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the 'Favorites' option allows you to create custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries.
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- Learn a new word every day with our ‘Word of the day’ option.
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
Get MORE by purchasing the full version:
- Permanently unlock the complete features list
- Offline mode -No WiFi, no problem. Save words on your device to be viewed without the need of an internet connection
- Priority support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues