The Oxford Chinese Dictionary is the most authoritative Chinese bilingual dictionary available, with over 300,000 words, 370,000 translations, and tens of thousands of example phrases. It's produced in association with Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press (FLTRP) using the latest lexicographic methods to ensure accurate translations and useful information.
Entries have a clear and accessible layout with lookup in Chinese organised by Pinyin, with Mandarin Chinese with simplified Chinese characters used throughout. Extensive supplemental material includes grammar notes, example letters and emails and guides to telephoning and text messaging, perfect for students on their year abroad or those working in Chinese or English.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace letters or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day