Oxford Urdu-English Dictionary is a continuation of the bright traditions of research and scholarship of Oxford University Press in the field of lexicography and publishing. It provides grammatical information, etymology with variants, pronunciations, alternatives and antonyms of the entries - a comprehensive, all-inclusive and authentic work. Regarded as one of the flagship products in Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, the app features advanced search and learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF URDU BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
- The very latest database with over 275,000 Urdu entries, including words, inflexion, compounds, phrases, idioms and proverbs.
- Rich vocabulary and vast coverage of terminologies from fields like Philosophy, Religion, Law, Science and Technology etc.
- Pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations (Premium only)
This app is tailored to professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of Urdu at work or at home.
LATEST APP UPDATES:
- Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
- Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with new and convenient homepage, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
- Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
- Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
- Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
- Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
- ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
- Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
- Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
- Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.