The Oxford English Urdu Dictionary is the most authoritative language tool available for the Urdu language of Pakistan and India. It provides extensive coverage of words, phrases, idioms, scientific and technical terms, as well as etymology, definitions, inflections, phrasing, and much more. Also, for the first time in Urdu lexicography, International Phonetics Alphabet (IPA) pronunciation is included, providing a standardized, clear, and exact representation of the sounds and spoken letters of a word, ideal for foreign language learning.
The Oxford English Urdu Dictionary app features:
- More than 85,000 entries ranging from classic to modern language usage
- IPA notation to help learn accurate pronunciation
- Grammatical and usage information for both languages
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day