The Oxford German Dictionary provides authoritative coverage of German and English with over 320,000 words and phrases alongside 520,000 translations. Essential grammatical information and lexical usage notes are provided for both languages.
It provides comprehensive guidance on pronunciation, vowel length, and syllable stress, as well as clear distinctions between pre-reform spellings and new preferred forms. There are invaluable cultural notes that teach about life in German- and English-speaking countries - essential tools for language professionals and students at all levels.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace letters or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
- Offline mode - look up words without internet an connection
- Audio pronunciation - find out how to pronounce words with integrated speech
- Priority support - get expedited support for any app-related issues
- No ads - no more in-app ads