You can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford Learner’s German Dictionary app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many million words and based on real language students use. All our dictionaries give:
- Relevant age-appropriate language
- Support for language development and writing skills
- Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Learner’s German Dictionary is a comprehensive dictionary for secondary schools for students aged 11-16, containing 35,000 words, translations, example sentences and language tips. This is the ideal tool to use at home or at school.
- Thousands of examples show how German is used in context
- Facts and tips provide extra information on language, life and culture
- All curriculum and exam vocabulary specially highlighted
LATEST APP UPDATES:
- Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
- Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
- Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – Use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
- Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
- Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
- Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
- ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
- Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
- Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
- Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.