The Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary is the most complete and up-to-date Italian dictionary available, with greater bilingual coverage than ever before. The dictionary covers over 300,000 words and phrases, 450,000 translations, and captures idiomatic, colloquial, spoken, and written language in both Italian and English.
By incorporating phrase finders and cultural information, the dictionary serves both as an authoritative work of reference and as a dynamic passport to both cultures. You'll find quick-reference verb tables; grammar notes and vocabulary lists including specialized EU terminology, as well as lively and interesting cultural notes to give insight into life in Italy.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace letters or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
- Offline mode - look up words without internet an connection
- Audio pronunciation - find out how to pronounce words with integrated speech
- Priority support - get expedited support for any app-related issues
- No ads - no more in-app ads