You can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford Student’s Thesaurus app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many million words and based on real language students use. All our dictionaries give:
- Relevant age-appropriate language
- Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Student’s Thesaurus is suitable for students aged 14+, and is the ideal language reference tool for secondary school and home. With fast and easy word look-up of over 140,000 words, definitions, example sentences, synonyms word origins and language notes, this thesaurus app supports secondary school students and inspires them to become confident writers.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
- 'Word-of-the-day' and 'Flashcards' to help expand your vocabulary
- Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' let you perfect newly-learned words