An instant-answer guide you can turn to for on-the-spot treatment of poisoning and drug overdose, Poisoning & Drug Overdose, Sixth Edition delivers critical information on effective diagnosis and treatment of drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures. It is enhanced by numerous tables, charts, and a comprehensive index featuring generic, chemical, and brand names, making it an essential resource for anyone responding to drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures.
Divided into four distinct sections for quick access:
- Section I covers initial emergency management, including treatment of complications; physical and laboratory diagnosis; and decontamination and enhanced elimination procedures
- Section II provides detailed information on 150 common drugs and poisons
- Section III describes the use of antidotes and therapeutic drugs to treat poisoning
- Section IV describes the medical management of chemical and occupational exposures, with a table of more than 500 industrial chemicals
“Poisoning & Drug Overdose belongs in every emergency physician’s workroom.” --Academic Emergency Medicine reviewing earlier edition
“…a great addition to any emergency department library when rapid reference is needed to treat and diagnose the poisoned patient.” -- Annals of Emergency Medicine
NEW!With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled.
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
- Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Poisoning & Drug Overdose:
- Permanently unlock the complete features list
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues