The updated Seventh Edition of Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing features more than 56,000 entries on medical terminology used in more than 30 of today's fastest growing health professions. You'll find comprehensive inclusion of entries suited for the nursing field, as well as written pronunciation and term genealogy explained.
With entries contributed to by more than 70 leading consultants from health professions and nursing, with prefixes and combining forms set out separately. Flashcards allow for easy learning of medical terms, while entries link to connected terms and synonyms. Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.