First published in 1911, Stedman's Medical Dictionary features over 107,000 terms and definitions, and is a benchmark for medical reference. 45 prominent medical consultants have reviewed each dictionary entry in the areas of endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, and rheumatology.
Inside, you'll find high profile terms that allow users to thoroughly develop knowledge of the key concepts in medicine. Entries are listed in Terminologia Anatomica for the Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy as sanctioned by the Federative Committee on Anatomical Terminology and 90% of medical language comes from 1200 Greek and Latin words. To aid in learning these terms, the suffixes, prefixes and combining forms are listed as separate entries, denoting that derivatives stem from them.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of terms while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
- Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
- A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
- See terms in context with examples.
- 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.