The Advanced English Dictionary from Vox allows Spanish speakers to learn and use English vocabulary correctly, gain command of common expressions, and familiarize themselves with usage, meanings and set phrases.
It contains 71,000 entries, 122,000 words and expressions and 240,000 translations, including common technical terms, placenames, acronyms and abbreviations in both British and American English. You'll find phonetic transcription of English words, as well as more than 5,800 grammar notes and irregular verb tables in both Spanish and English.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A quick search of words while you type.
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more using the included special language notes.
- See words in context with example sentences.
- 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.