Completely updated to include the latest vocabulary, this fourth edition of the Concise Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary contains coverage of over 175,000 words and phrases alongside 270,000 translations.
Words added to this edition for both English and French are based on findings from Oxford's language research programs across varied spheres from the internet and technology to business and the environment. There are also numerous cultural notes on life and living in the French-speaking world throughout the text.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.