Compiled by expert teams of Spanish and English lexicographers, the Concise Oxford Spanish Dictionary contains over 175,000 words and phrases alongside 240,000 translations.
The dictionary provides remarkable coverage of the general, scientific, literary, and technical vocabulary of contemporary Spanish and English linguistics. The easy-to-use and clear layout also provides extensive help with tricky issues of grammar and word usage, as well as fun and informative cultural notes on life and living in the Spanish-speaking world.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.