Perfect for readers of all levels, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation provides essential information on comprehensive day-to-day English usage.
Arranged alphabetically, it contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. The A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation features over 250 questions of grammar and punctuation clearly explained with real-world English examples taken from the Oxford University Corpus. It provides answers to basic and advanced terms such as 'split infinitive', 'participle', and 'adverb', alongside whether to use 'may' or 'might', 'that' or 'which', and 'it's' or 'its'. It offers clear and coherent explanations and illustrations across a broad range of topics, and is the first port of call for any reader seeking clear, authoritative help with grammar and punctuation.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.