The Oxford American Dictionary & Thesaurus is the perfect tool to save time going back and forth between a thesaurus and dictionary in search of just the right word.
It's an all-in-one desk reference with more than 150,000 words, phrases and definitions, plus approximately 184,000 synonyms and antonyms - all combined in one convenient, integrated volume. It features completely integrated dictionary and thesaurus texts, with the synonyms and antonyms directly following the dictionary definitions of their related part of speech, so that writers can now know instantly if a particular word is the one that best captures what they want to say.
Authoritative, up to date, and attractively redesigned, the Oxford American Dictionary & Thesaurus is an essential resource for students, writers, and anyone else who wants to write clearly, precisely, and with power. Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- See words in context with example sentences.