The Sixth Edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry has over 4,700 entries, including over 200 new terms for this edition. It is the ideal reference resource for students of chemistry of all levels, covering all aspects of chemistry, from physical chemistry to biochemistry. It boasts broad coverage in subject areas such as forensics, metallurgy, materials science, and geology.
There are also biographical entries on key figures, highlighted entries on major topics such as polymers and crystal defects, and chronologies charting the main discoveries in atomic theory, biochemistry, explosives, and plastics. Thanks to its greater breadth of content, this latest edition of the Dictionary of Chemistry also appeals to students in related disciplines such as biology and medicine.
"A favorite. It should be in every classroom and library...the reader is drawn inevitably from one entry to the next merely to satisfy curiosity"--School Science Review
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.