The Oxford Dictionary of Economics is an authoritative and comprehensive dictionary containing 2,500 key economic terms with clear, concise definitions. It covers all aspects of economics including economic theory, applied microeconomics and macroeconomics, labour economics, public economics and public finance, monetary economics, environmental economics, and many others.
There is strong coverage of international trade and many entries on economic organizations and institutions from around the world. This edition contains expanded coverage of common econometric concepts and highlights major theoretical concepts including agency, competition, equilibrium. It is ideal for browsing as it is useful for quick reference, and it remains an essential guide for students and teachers of economics, business, and finance, as well as professional economists and anyone who has to deal with economic data.
"Strongly recommended as a handy work of reference...this book deserves to sell well to a wide audience"--Times Higher Education Supplement
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.