This dictionary software bundle includes the leading single-volume English dictionary - the Oxford Dictionary of English - and the robust Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
The Oxford Dictionary of English has been completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings as well as 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, dubbed in both British and American voice versions. This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information including words with controversial or variable pronunciations.
Whether you're writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, or writing creatively, the Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word. The Thesaurus contains over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases to help you select the correct word, with opposites and related terms clearly marked.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality mobile language apps from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- See words in context with example sentences.