The Oxford Dictionary of English is the leading single-volume English dictionary, offering the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world.
This edition has been completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus. It provides the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today.
The dictionary features 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, dubbed in both British and American voice versions, including words with controversial or variant pronunciations.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.