The Oxford Dictionary of Finance and Banking is a perfect source of reference for anyone with an interest in finance. With clear and accessible definitions, this jargon-free dictionary is invaluable for students and professionals in the fields of finance and banking, as well as private investors and readers of the financial pages.
Entries cover the vocabulary used in banking, money markets, foreign exchanges, public and government finance, and private investment and borrowing, and more. Feature entries have been included in this edition for the fuller explanation of topical and complex areas, like Financial Times Share Indexes, and Bankruptcy Law. Recommended up-to-date web links for many entries provide valuable extra information on a wide range of financial topics.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
- History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.