The Oxford Dictionary of Geology and Earth Sciences (previously A Dictionary of Earth Sciences) contains over 7,500 clear and concise entries on all aspects of geology and earth sciences, including planetary science, volcanology, palaeontology, and mineralogy. Over 130 line drawings complement the definitions and useful appendices include a revised geological time scale, stratigraphic units, lunar and Martian time scales, wind-strength scales, and SI units. It is the ideal reference for students and professionals studying geography, geology, earth sciences, and related disciplines.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.