The comprehensive Oxford Dictionary of Nursing provides coverage of over 10,000 entries, including general nursing, medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychiatry, nutrition, and pharmacology (including new drugs recently introduced into medical practice). The Dictionary provides readers with a comprehensive treatment of the ever-expanding vocabulary of the nursing professions.
The text is enhanced by 100 helpful illustrations and tables, and even includes entry-level web links. This is an invaluable reference tool for all nursing students, recently qualified and practising nurses, and people training and working in related fields such as midwifery and health visiting.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.